Rapidly growth industry of healthcare in New Mexico, so with the nursing degree either undergraduate or graduate, you can aspect high salary. Nurses are trained professionals in the healthcare industry and depending on their educational qualification, work experience, and department, they can make very lucrative salaries.

Nurse Salary Career in New Mexico

BSN to RN and other salary stats in New Mexico. Nurse aesthetic to neonatal, Family practitioner to cardiology nurse salary in New Mexico.

Most nurses are required to do a bachelor’s degree whereas some organizations do not, a nursing certification or an associate degree can suffice. A nurse’s salary also subtly depends on the geographic location, they make more money working in metropolitan areas than in urban areas.

However, here are some different kinds of nurses and how much money they make. For student loan programs, visit this.

Registered Nurse Salary New Mexico

 A registered nurse in the New Mexico makes roughly $31.20 an hour, which rounds up to $65,000 per year. A registered nurse is required for a certification which can be obtained by taking a test for it. They can prepare for it either by an associate degree or by a relevant bachelor’s degree. A registered nurse in most states also has the privilege to run private practice which results in much higher incomes generally.

Registered-NurseIn the New Mexico, roughly 10% of the Registered Nurses were also making more than $86,000 annually, whereas the remaining 90% were making less than that. Furthermore, about 50% were paid less than $64,000.

Registered Nurse First Assistants were observed to make the most money annually.

Annual Salary $63,270 per year
Hourly Salary $31.20
No of Jobs (2017) 2250

 

State wise Salary                                   

Check Salary and Jobs stats of main cities in New Mexico

New Mexico Cities Hourly Monthly
Albuquerque $32.73 $5,251
Las Cruces $25.88 $4,610
Rio Rancho $23.71 $4,359
Santa Fe $21.52 $4,032
Roswell $20.15 $3,985
Farmington $19.87 $3,972
Clovis $16.73 $3,028
Hobbs $16.42 $2,796
Alamogordo $14.97 $2,466
Carlsbad $12.81 $2,239

 

Licensed Practical Nurses New Mexico 

 LPN’s cannot carry out work independently but they usually work in a range of work environments. They assist doctors, registered nurses and sometimes work for private organizations.

However, they mostly work in hospitals and in the healthcare industry. Licensed Practical Nurses also sometimes work for families or are hired by patients for personal care. LPNs make an average of $45,000 annually which is accumulated by roughly $20.5 per hour.

Moreover, in some geographical locations, LPNs also make up to $49,000 per year. With added work experience, LPNs can experience a lot of career growth and consequently raise in annual income.

Annual Salary $47,000 per year
Hourly Salary $20.5
No of Jobs (2017) 3155

 

State wise Salary 

Check Salary and Jobs stats of main cities in New Mexico

New Mexico Cities Hourly Monthly
Albuquerque $20.50 $3,998
Las Cruces $19.94 $3,951
Rio Rancho $19.32 $3,890
Santa Fe $19.01 $3,105
Roswell $18.55 $2,936
Farmington $18.21 $2,891
Clovis $14.90 $2,401
Hobbs $14.43 $2,352
Alamogordo $12.31 $2,189
Carlsbad $12.10 $2,135

 

Nurse Practitioner Salary New Mexico 

 A nurse practitioner has a very lucrative and rewarding career in terms of growth and career. A nurse practitioner can make up to $112,000 annually and even more than that depending on the location and work experience.

The average salary of these professionals is roughly $90,000 and they work in some very important parts of the healthcare industry. They work in patient care, diagnosis, treatment, and consultation. They can even practice independently.

Nurse-Practitioner-Salary

Moreover, they make higher wages working in metropolitan areas as compared to urban and suburban areas.

Annual Salary $105,000 per year
Hourly Salary $50.25
No of Jobs (2017) 2895

 

State wise Salary                                  

Check Salary and Jobs stats of main cities in New Mexico

New Mexico Cities Hourly Monthly
Albuquerque $65.10 $10,115
Las Cruces $60.30 $10,028
Rio Rancho $58.97 $9,992
Santa Fe $56.71 $9,520
Roswell $53.44 $9,082
Farmington $52.11 $8,984
Clovis $51.32 $8,920
Hobbs $51.14 $8,897
Alamogordo $50.46 $8,813
Carlsbad $50.27 $8,792

 

Career Guide of Nurse In New Mexico

Looking for future in New Mexico, and want highly paid salary?

Although you want to be a Midwife practitioner or licensed nurse, you need to complete your school and apply for any hospital or another private healthcare sector for the job.

Reference:-

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm

Board of nursing in New Mexico http://nmbon.sks.com/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *